Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Healthy Dose Of Discouragement

Querytracker.net has a plethora of YA agents listed on their website. And by plethora, I mean 12 pages full of 447 listed agents. Talk about overwhelming. The past few days I've spent my time researching agents on querytracker, aaronline and their own websites. I don't think it really occurred to me how much work actually went into finding an agent. With so many options I figured my odds were pretty good that I would find an agent who loved my angel without memories finds demon who shares her memories and does everything he can to giver her her memories back while falling in love story. Easy right? Surely with the release of Dan Brown's Inferno, The Mortal Instuments Movie coming soon and books like the Hush, Hush series, I would find somewhere to fit in.

Perhaps not.

Over the weekend I have received 12 rejection letters. After doing research I found that several authors had to go through 76, even 113 rejections before they found that one agent and that one publisher. So I'm not doing that bad, but it plants that little thought in my head that says maybe I'm not good enough. Maybe I am following the wrong dream. It's hard not knowing what the future holds. Fingers crossed I get some good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment