Saturday, March 15, 2014

Makeup Look- Katniss Everdeen in the Hunger Games

For those of you who know me, you know that I love makeup. I'm constantly changing up my look. It started when I turned 12 and my mom first allowed me to wear makeup. After that she bought my my first makeup book with the looks broken down, and I've been addicted ever since.

The look I want to start with is from the popular Hunger Games movies. I saw this look on Makeup411.com and tried it for myself (The un-italicized portions below are from makeup411). I don't like the way they broke the look down. It's very vague, so I'll post what worked for me. If you have any questions, please leave it in the comments below.

Foundation: MAKEUP FOREVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation in 145-Neutral as the basic foundation, 125-Sand and 110-Pink Porcelain as highlights for the cheek and high points. "I used all three colors for different areas of the face and very sheer: 145 was forehead and in the hollow of the cheek, 110 was used around the eye and at the top of the cheek, 125 was on the jaw and around the mouth," Vee Neill (makeup artist on the movies) said.

Concealer: MAC Studio Finish SpF 35 Concealer in NW20 under the eye and blended out. 

Powder: It's easy to see in the completed look that Neill was going for a luminous glow. She said, "The only powder I used was MAC Blot Powder/Pressed in Medium when needed. I didn't want to disturb the frosting in her cheeks." 

Blush: MAC Lustre Drops in Sun Rush to highlight the cheeks. This is where I get frustrated with the breakdowns the website provides. They don't really tell you where the eye makeup is applied, nor do they provide you with color samples. To me, especially when the color is discontinued, or the product is expensive, this is invaluable information. The color samples allow me to be able to match with what I already have, or go to the store and find something similar. I've provided what I've found for you here. I hope they help as much as they did for me.
Eye Shadow: MAC Eye Shadow in All That Glitters was used as a base
(I tried to match the colors with their placement Jennifer Lawrence's face in the picture. It's difficult, but you can get a similar result. Here I applied All That Glitters to the entire lid and into the crease. It looks like it goes into the brow bone a bit in the picture.)






MAC Free To Be buffed onto the lid.




(With Free To Be I washed it just onto the lid. There isn't anywhere on her face where it is really visible,so I assume that's where it must be.)


 And MAC Smut onto the lash line.

(In all honesty I can't really tell where Smut is. It's a dark color, but there is also a dark liner against the lashes, so it seems a bit unnecessary. I ran it a bit under the lower lashes. I also added a champagne color as a highlighter on the brow bone, but that was just me.) 
EyeLiner M.A.C. Pro Creme Liner in Black

Lips Neill said she used L'OrĂ©al Infallible 8 HR Le Gloss in Fiery
and
 added M.A.C. Superglass in Sweet Tart “for a pop.”
(This color is discontinued, but M.A.C. Dazzleglass in Baby Sparks is comparable.) 
Highlights / Countour M.A.C. Glimmershimmer in Trickster on the apples of the cheeks (This product has been discontinued.)
 Additional Information Swarovoski crystals cascading over left shoulder in colors to match the dress, as well as mixed orange stones - See more at: http://makeup411.com/breakdowns/id/511/#sthash.7hsjbSJq.dpuf

So that's the breakdown the way I figured it was. I love the look and I really adore the coral color on the lids.

Have a breakdown request? Let me know in the comments and I'll see what I can find!

No comments:

Post a Comment